Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day Twenty-Seven

Workout: 9am
—Today was a Chest Day—

(today, I honestly just forgot to wear a shirt...)

~Push-Ups - (Pectoralis Major) - Body-Weight as Resistance - 1 Set of 20 Repetitions
~Inclined Dumbbell Flies - (Pectoralis Major - Upper) - 15lbs. Resistance (each arm) - 3 Sets of 15 Repetitions
~Declined Dumbbell Flies - (Pectoralis Major - Lower) - 15lbs. Resistance (each arm) - 3 Sets of 15 Repetitions
~Bent-Armed Pullovers - (Pectoralis Minor) - 15lbs. Resistance (each arm) - 3 Sets of 15 Repetitions

Breakfast: 8am
1 Baked Chicken Breast (cold)
1/2 a Baked Onion (also cold)
24oz. Water

Mid-Morning: 12noon
16oz. V8 (Low Sodium, Spicy Hot)
16oz. Water

Lunch: 2pm
1 Butterfinger Visalus Shake

Mid-Afternoon: 4pm
2 cups Chicken Stock
24oz. Water

Evening: 7pm
1 Holiday-Chocolate-Orange Visalus Shake

State of Being:
From this point on, all bets are off...

Had a major cramp attack a minute ago, which reminded me, about ten hours too late, to take my pills.

I think I’m going to dangle my day-to-day pill-case from my ceiling on a string, directly above the bed, so that I'll hit my head on it in the morning when I get up, because I really can’t take another one of these episodes. It’s like a huge, invisible python leaps out of the corner, coils itself around me and starts squeezing and pulling in all the wrong ways, while some cackling madman dances around us, swatting any areas of exposed flesh he finds with a baseball bat.

Note: From here on out my cramp-attacks shall be referred to as “Snake-and-the-Bat-Man.”

If you’ve ever wanted a first hand account of what it’s like trying to…

1 - climb/crawl/hop over to your nightstand,
2 - pull open the drawer,
3 - fish around in the dark,
4 - retrieve a pill case,
5 - open a given day’s little trap-door,
6 - toss the pills into your mouth,
7 - reach down to grab your bedside-water-bottle,
8 - unscrew it,
9 - take a big swig to wash the pills down and then
10 - grab your emergency Tupperware/Fruit-Bowl,
11 - remove the lid and
12 - eat a banana…

…all while the titular-star of Anaconda 6: The Crushening is trying to pull you apart like a life-sized Stretch Armstrong doll and some psychotic sadist is hammering away at your abdomen, hamstrings, thighs, arms, calves, chest and back with a Louisville Slugger, (and let’s not forget about those two refrigerators weighing you down!!!)

…shoot me an email and I’ll walk you through it.

Lots of stuff going on this weekend. My next weigh-in, at the 30-Day mark of my 90-Day Challenge, is coming-up on Monday. For the last couple days, I've been getting really nervous about it. I think I know why.

For one, I still don’t know what effect all that diet pop has had on my weight-loss. I didn’t have any in the few weeks leading up to my 615 weigh-in and I’d only had it for about the last two days prior to my 605 weigh-in. After that, I had diet pop for about a week and a half, before I heard that theory on it slowing down or stopping weight-loss and decided to dump it all down the drain. But, it’s been about a week now and I haven’t had any since, so I’m hoping the train kept rolling and wasn’t delayed too long, so to speak.

The other reason, and it’s one I haven’t really talked about yet, is the fact that this is as far as I’ve ever gone, weight-loss wise. The most weight I’d ever successfully managed to lose prior to finding the Challenge was 42 pounds. As of my last weigh-in I’d lost 45 so far, and that was over two weeks ago.

I’m in uncharted territory now. Not really knowing what to expect. Everything I’ve encountered thus far has been stuff I’d encountered in previous attempts and hence, knew was coming. From here on, though… it’s all new to me. That’s good. I mean, that’s really really good. But, it’s also a little frightening. I was prepared for Snake-and-the-Bat-Man,… but they were just the boss at the end of level one. I haven’t read any walk-throughs to show me what’s at the end of levels two through ten.

From here, the Adversary will be hitting me with things I've never seen before.

From here, it' a leap of faith into the great unknown.

Yeah, that’s scary. But, for what it’s worth, I’m not shying away from it. I'm not stalling and I'm not looking for an out. I'm diving in.

The Adversary is a vicious, vindictive and determined creature. I'm deeper into his territory than I've ever dared to walk before,...and all the lights just went out.

I'm also stronger than him.

I’m taking that leap with both my mind and my heart open. Whatever comes, I will bring my best Self to it.

See you guys tomorrow.


Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment