Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day Thirty-Six

Walk-Count: Still hurt. No walking.



Breakfast: 6am
1 Eye of Round Steak (10oz.)
32oz. Water

Mid-Morning: Nothing.

Lunch: 1pm
1 Peanut Butter Cup Visalus Shake

Mid-Afternoon: 4pm
2 Strips Bacon
16oz. V8 (Low Sodium, Spicy Hot)
32oz. Water

Evening: 7pm
1 Chocolate Covered Strawberry-Phyto-Power Visalus Shake

State of Being:
When I first got out of bed this morning, I could swear my back was all better. I walked all the way to the bathroom, then into the kitchen, sat down, made breakfast, ate, got back up and on the walk back into the bedroom, my back started throbbing again.

I think I’m healing, but I’m definitely not there yet.

I’m being extra cautious about resuming my walks for several reasons…

1 - I just started a new routine. Any time you start a whole new thing, you need to be extra careful, since your body’s going through a transition. This is especially true when you’re as heavy as I am.

2 - There’s snow on the ground. The walk you saw me do in my Taking Out the Trash video was on dry, fairly warm pavement. When I walk, I have lots of weight moving around. Most of that extra weight is rooted to my frame above my center of gravity. As I walk, it swings, it shakes, it lists side-to-side and back-and-forth. In summary, every step I take is a real test of balance, strength, coordination and stamina. That’s on dry ground. When the ground is covered in wet snow that conceals little hidden patches of ice, I have to move even more slowly, to control all that shifting swinging weight. This means that the same walk that took me five minutes, a week ago when the ground was dry, will now take me approximately ten minutes. That’s ten minutes instead of five minutes’ worth of strain on my lower back just from being on my feet. Since my lower-back is the specific part of me that’s injured… well, snowfall has an indirect, albeit very real impact on the choices I have to make during recovery, as far as working out is concerned.

3 - At my weight, recovering from a muscle-injury to the back is just flat-out going to take longer than it would take for a normal-weight person. Also, if I make it worse, that recovery time is going to go up exponentially. The point is to get better, not worse.

So, in spite of my numerous proclamations to merciless Mother Nature that I am waiting as fast and hard as I possibly can… it seems all I can do, for the time being, is more waiting.

Going to start working on my next video tomorrow. It will go up on New Year’s Eve (the very next day) so, if there’s anything you want to ask me about or anything I haven’t covered about my condition, the diet plan,… anything, just drop me a line and ask away and I will give you a shout-out and answer your question on camera.

Really getting excited for the Resolution Rally on January 5th! I'm going to try to have a get-together over here at my place for the big announcement! I'll keep you posted! See you tomorrow!


Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment