Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day Twelve

Workout: 9am
—Today was a Lower-Back Day—

(click on image to enlarge)

~Dumbbell Deadlifts - (Erector Spinae) - 30lbs. Resistance - 2 Sets of 10 Repetitions
~Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlifts - (Erector Spinae) - 30lbs. Resistance - 1 Set of 10 Repetitions

Breakfast: 10am
1 Butterfinger Visalus Shake

Mid-Morning: 12noon
12oz. V8 (Spicy Hot)

Lunch: 2pm
1 Chocolate-Covered Cherry Visalus Shake
(By the Hopkins-esque, British Accent of Odin, was this good!!!
I’m going to post the recipe on Facebook, in case anyone wants to try it.)

Mid-Afternoon: 4:30pm
Lg. Garden Salad (w/Italian Dressing & 5 Croutons)
12oz. Diet Coke (Caffeine Free)

Evening: 6pm
Taco Salad (w/My special, homemade Hella-Salsa!!! The recipe for which I will only share with members of my personal squad of Challengers. The same goes for my special Hella-Chili…. famous throughout the Nine Realms for its capacity to separate the gods from the mortals. Rest assured, it is nutritious, fully diet-permissible, and not for the faint of heart.)

State of Being:
Aside from the fact that this throat congestion just will not go away, I feel great. My voice is the only thing still reminding me that I’m sick. Physically, I feel better than fine.

Diet-wise, it got a little rocky last night. I spent the evening being tormented by cravings, so I had a pickle really late last night when I got up, at one point. Aside from lots of sodium, a kosher pickle should be perfectly fine. It’s a cucumber with garlic, salt and an assortment of other spices I can’t remember. I learned all about pickling when I was taught how to do it a couple summers ago. (Thank you, Clan-Mittelman!)

Oh yeah,… and I GOT WEIGHED TODAY!!!
Click HERE for Video!


So, that’s pretty awesome! In total, I’ve now lost 45 lbs. since I started on October 29th and 10 lbs. while on my official 90 Day Challenge, which I started on Nov. 24th.

In case you didn’t know, here’s what five pounds of fat looks like, (alongside five pounds of muscle for comparison…)

(click on image to enlarge)



And here’s a woman holding ten pounds of fat…

(click on image to enlarge)



So,...here's what I've lost since October 29th...

(click on image to enlarge)

(I'm not sure who that lady is. She just shows up every few days, whenever I've lost another 10 pounds. I hand it to her and she poses for a picture. I'm not sure what's in it for her, or how she doesn't seem to mind holding a ten pound lump of internal-human-tissue in her bare hands, but she sure does come in handy, for illustrative purposes.)



...Not bad, eh?

So, yeah... some good progress. I want somebody, (in fact, a FEW somebodies) to do this with me! I really need backup and I want to offer my own support in return.

I’m putting together a Weight-Loss Power-Team and if you’re reading this, I’d Love for you to join us. Even if you don’t live anywhere close, you can still join up. We’ll connect, keep each other focused, motivated and (most importantly) accountable.

I’m having a Challenge party this Saturday, December 8th at 3pm, at my apartment in Kent. (Email me for the address. Or Check the Facebook Event Calendar.) I’ll be mixing up samples of lots of different shake recipes and exchanging workout-tips, diet-strategies and the like with anybody who’s got any ideas that might help.

Some of the things I definitely need help with, include...
-The fact that I train with Cast-Iron Free-Weights… alone. (which is exactly as safe as it sounds.)
-Conquering cravings.
-Overcoming the little bouts of depression and doubt that creep in, from time to time.

All are welcome. Bring a Ziploc-baggie of ice.


Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

2 comments: