Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Challenger Profile: Scott Hall




Christopher: "Tell us a bit about yourself."

Scott: “I have been a geek since long before it was acceptable. Things that interest me are video games, comic books, movies and music. I love my family and traveling. I have gained 57 pounds since graduating high school (13 of which since I got married in 2004). Lately, I have felt the need to do whatever it takes to get into better shape so I can keep up with my kids.”

(Pictured: Scott's daughter Morgan and son Corbin.)


Christopher: "What lead you to taking on the Challenge?"

Scott: “We’ve been good friends for over 20 years now (wow i am getting old fast). Your blog was a huge inspiration to me and many people that I associate with. My stubbornness will never allow me to buy into hype of any kind. I avoided the Mona Vie craze, the Hollywood Juice diets and many other "you have to try this" products that people are always trying to push. I have personally known others to become involved with these and many other things like this, but never saw any real results. One thing that they all had in common is that they were all still overweight and all complaining about how much money they are spending to be part of their elite clubs.”


Christopher: "Where are you at in your Challenge? How long have you been on it?"

Scott: “I was still a bit skeptical about the Body By Vi program even after I had ordered the first. After only 10 days of being on the program, I have lost 10.2 pounds and my wife has lost 8. Instead of canceling my membership, I have already set the date to receive next month's kit.”

(Scott with wife Dawn)


Christopher: "What has your challenge been like? Has it taught you anything about yourself?"

Scott: “This has honestly been very easy for me. I can not stress that enough. I am a beer and cheeseburger guy through and through. I am a very busy person that runs a few small businesses as well as work a 9-5. With two kids, this does not leave me much time for recreational exercising. After a long Q and A session with you, I realized that this was EXACTLY the type of diet that everyone is always asking for: minimal effort with maximum results.

One thing I learned about myself was how much I actually snack throughout the day. I generally have a granola bar for breakfast and take a trip next-door to the Walgreens that is beside my shop to get some kind of beverage and a candy bar, bag of nuts or small pack of cookies. The shakes that I have been making have actually curbed my appetite and I have not made any frivolous snack purchases in many days.”

(Click on image to enlarge.)


Christopher: "What's been your greatest obstacle to overcome?"

Scott: “In life, I have been trying to lose weight by exercising and dieting off and on for the past 6 or 7 years. I have even gone as far as trying the cross-fit "Insanity" workouts at night after the kids went to bed. They are intense and I stayed at it for two weeks, but only lost 2 pounds after that. I was crushed at how much sweat, time, money, dedication and hard work that I put into the program for only losing such a small percentage of weight.

Needless to say, that was it for me with that. I have also tried the diets where you eat several smaller meals consisting mainly of 5 or 6 different things that you eat through a rotation. That did fairly well, but again I am a busy person and it is pretty hard to take 4 lunch breaks at my fast-paced job. I do not want to get back to my high school weight, I really only want to lose enough weight to feel better about myself when we take the kids to the water park, on a cruise or just chasing them around the yard.”


Christopher: "What changes have you noticed in your life since taking on the Challenge?"

Scott: “I have already noticed a HUGE savings on food bills. I have figured it to be about $28 - $40 per day just between my wife and I. We just took a trip to the zoo this afternoon and spoiled ourselves with the savings. I have also noticed that I am talking about the program in a public manner, which is not very "me" at all. There is a huge sense of pride when i step on that scale every few days and actually see results. It excites me to tell people about it. As I mentioned before, I am not the type of person to buy into the hype of any kind of mass-hyped program, but this is 100% legitimate.”

***




Scott Hall is the Art Director at Waterford Signs. In his own words, he likes to create all sorts of things for both art and business purposes at Scallywag Design.
Many of the things he’s come up with can also be found for sale on his Etsy page.

Find Scott on Facebook.



**********

No comments:

Post a Comment