Thursday, April 18, 2013

Challenge Two: Day Fifty-Six

(Click on image to enlarge.)


Breakfast: 7am
32oz. Water (w/Lemon)

Mid-Morning: Nothing.

Lunch: 12noon
32oz. Water

Mid-Afternoon: Nothing.

Evening: 7pm
1 Taco Salad (w/Whole Grain Tortilla)
32oz. Water

Walk-Count:



State of Being:
I ended up fasting a bit today. As you can see, I only listed the times when I started a new bottle of water, until evening, when I had some food.

Why did I do this?

The question implies that there was some kind of plan in place. There wasn’t. It just happened as a result of the fact that I was…

1. Not very hungry at any point today.
2. Extremely busy and occupied all day.
and…
3. So enamored of the weather that I lost track of that very important aspect of my day… “Eating.”

It’s not good to not eat. It may seem, at first blush like “Hey, good job on fasting today,” but it’s not a good thing. You need to be eating in order to metabolize, so I could have hurt my progress today (albeit to a negligible degree, being only one day.) What’s important is that I not make the same mistake twice.

Also, this afternoon, I walked next door to Sheetz and got some milk. Many of you may remember my VIDEO from back in January, when I filmed myself doing that. At that time, I had to sit down to catch my breath twice and I was aching and so out-of-breath I wasn’t able to speak for a few minutes, afterward.

Today, by contrast, I didn’t have to sit even once during the trip and, while I was out-of-breath when I got back, it only took me about one minute to catch my breath and I wasn’t anywhere near as on-the-verge-of-passing-out as I was after the filmed January trip.

Also, keep in mind that this is a “Rest” day on my 30-Day Leg-Blitz. So, I’m coming off of three consecutive days of leg-workouts, and I’m very sore.

I feel very accomplished after today. I felt like a normal person.

I just walked over to the store to grab some milk, as if I were just walking over to the store to grab some milk. In other words not as if I were performing some kind of Herculean Labor/Grand-Expedition. lol

I counted it as two dumpster-laps.

I also wanted to share this with you guys. Listen to what some doctors are saying about the 90-Day Challenge I’m on!

ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports


See you tomorrow!



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment