Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day Forty-Four

Walk-Count: None.



Breakfast: 12noon (…zip it!)
1 Peanut-Butter Cup Visalus Shake

Mid-Morning: 4pm… I think.
1/2 of a Large Taco Salad (w/o Tortillas or Shells of any kind)
--Ingredients: Ground Beef w/Taco Spices, 1 Chopped Onion, 2 Diced Jalapenos, 1/2cup of Salsa Verde, 1/2cup Shredded Mexican-Cheese Blend, 1/4cup Refried Beans.
64oz. Water

Lunch: Nothing.

Mid-Afternoon: Nothing.

Evening: 8pm
The other 1/2 of the Large Taco Salad
64oz. Water

Late-Evening: 9pm
1 Plain Visalus Shake

State of Being:
Feeling wiped-out today!

Between doing my laundry, and then hanging out in the cold for several hours on Friday, then following up my dumpster-laps by carrying my 2 refrigerators into and out-of the Rally yesterday. Then being up fighting a Tarrasque at Jerry & Natasha’s place until like 3am this morning, I spent most of today in a warm, dark oblivion.

Got up a couple times to feed Noggin and myself. Truthfully, I’m still pretty tired. I’m probably going to be heading back to bed soon.

Aside from being tired I feel really good.

While I haven’t been to the doctor to get my insulin levels checked since starting my Challenge yet, I know that my levels are coming down. I can tell by simply noting the corresponding symptoms and how they’ve diminished. My ankles aren’t as swollen, I haven’t sprouted any new skin tags around my neck and I feel a sort-of internal connectedness. That last one is kinda hard to explain. When my insulin is up, (read: WAY most of the time) all of the various parts of me, my limbs, my back, my head, etc all feel kind of disjointed from one another. Like they’re individual units and not part of a single whole. I guess you really have to feel it to know what I mean. The result is a feeling of just… constant wrong-footedness, off-kilter-ness… awkwardness. Like I said, it’s tough to describe. But, that feeling is significantly diminished recently. So, I know that it’s going well.

To recap:
The insulin was what was killing me.
The weight kept the insulin up.
The insulin kept me from losing weight.
I was told,… “Get bariatric surgery, it’s the only way you can get your weight down and hence, get your insulin down and hence,… not die.”
The bariatric centers (plural) that I consulted, told me… “You’re too heavy, we can’t operate on you.”

So, I had given up.

Then along came Visalus.

I’m now down SEVENTY pounds (a third of one of those refrigerators I mentioned) in two months, and my insulin is way down.

On July 22, of 2008, I was told that without solving this problem, I wouldn’t live another five years. This opinion was seconded and thirded by other doctors in the ensuing months.

If I live to see July 23rd of THIS YEAR, I will have beaten their odds.

See you tomorrow!



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment