Monday, October 28, 2013

Challenger Profile: Melissa Rainey Frodahl




Christopher: “Tell us a bit about yourself. Who is Melissa?”

Melissa: "I am a stay at home mom of 2 little boys. I keep very busy, as every mom does. My husband, Erik, and I met in 2005 at a Christian bible camp in Maine. And we have now been together for 8 happy years. I love the outdoors and spending time with my horse, Hickory.”

Christopher: “On your Facebook Profile, you’ve mentioned that you’ve suffered with a lot of health problems. What were your symptoms?”

Melissa: "First, I would like to back up to my earlier years. As a child, and right up through high school, I kept very active with sports. I did basketball, and cross country. But I mainly focused on Martial Arts which I enjoyed very much. With a lot of hard work and determination, I ranked top in my class and was in the best physical shape of my life.

Skip ahead to 2005 where I met my husband, Erik. We fell in love, and then a few years later I gave birth to our first son. While I was pregnant I gained a healthy baby weight. But I quickly and happily lost it all. When I gave birth to my second son I, again, lost all my baby weight but then still dropped down even 20 pounds lower. This is when all my health problems began to surface.

I began getting sick after eating EVERY single meal. This resulted in me eating little to nothing every day. Sometimes I would have just a bowl of cereal in the morning and an even smaller meal for supper. And of course, when I didn’t eat… I lost weight and couldn’t gain it back. Meanwhile, I began to develop severe digestive problems that made every day a struggle.

Extremely bad ‘brain fog’ was another symptom that became very disabling. It made even the simplest tasks of everyday life seem impossible to accomplish. My husband had to repeat something at least 5 times before I could grasp and retain it. I got so frustrated with myself, that it became overwhelming. It was an absolutely horrible feeling.”

Christopher: “What did the doctors tell you?”

Melissa: "My chiropractor thought that my health problems were related to having my gallbladder removed, which would cause my liver to work extra hard. He told me that I would probably have to be on a special vitamin supplement for the rest of my life, to help my liver function properly. Others suggested that I might have a food allergy of some kind, and tried putting me on a clear liquid diet for 3 days. Once the 3 days were over, I was told to slowly start adding foods to my diet. If I reacted badly to a particular food, then it was probably the culprit. But I wasn’t even able to get through half a day on this diet, before getting sick on a bowl of jello. The doctor was puzzled after that, and scheduled an Upper GI test at the local hospital. I passed the test with no abnormal problems. I was never able to get a clear diagnosis after that."

Christopher: “How did you find out about the Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge?”

Melissa: “An old friend of the family came to visit us on a family trip to Maine. While catching up on life, we came to learn that her husband had recently lost 80 pounds in 90 days! My husband was interested in losing a few pounds himself, and joined the challenge shortly after."

Christopher: “When did you get started on the Challenge?”

Melissa: “Once I learned that the 90-Day Challenge was not just for weight loss, but for whole body wellness, I quickly got on board with my husband. I started my own challenge on September 28th, 2013 and it has completely changed my life!”

Christopher: “What's your goal?”

Melissa: “My initial goal was to just feel healthy and normal. That goal has already become a reality in my life. Now I have a new goal. I am determined to get back into even better physical shape then I was in high school! I am looking to gain 10 pounds of muscle before my 90 days are over.”

Christopher: “What’s been your greatest obstacle in making these changes?”

Melissa: “At first, the money aspect was an obstacle. I didn’t think that we could afford to buy the products. But I knew that I had to do something to better my health. I had heard many success stories of people who had joined the challenge, but was skeptical at first. But since I was desperate, and had nothing else that had worked for me, I took one last chance on a product (Visalus) that showed good potential. Now, I can happily say that I am another success story! My life will never be the same."

Christopher: “How have things changed for you since taking on the Challenge?”

Melissa: “As of today, I am on day 30 of the challenge, and I am leaps and bounds beyond were I thought I would be! I had no idea that this challenge would change my whole life! I can now eat my meals without getting sick, and feel absolutely amazing! I no longer have ‘brain fog’ and can operate with a clear head, and enjoy life! I thank God that those days are behind me! Another extra benefit has been an acne free face! I have always had bad acne. But after 2 weeks on the challenge, my husband says “your face has never been this clear in 7 years of marriage”! I have only missed one day of the challenge, which resulted in an immediate breakout. But when I started back up the very next day…my acne started to disappear again. Absolutely amazing!



I want everyone to know, that they could be the next success story! My dream was to just feel healthy and normal. That dream has become a reality in my life. It CAN be done! Whether you need to lose a few pounds, gain some muscle or just BE healthy….you can do it! If you are struggling with health issues, I urge you to take the steps to a better you!

There is HOPE. You just have to reach out and take it!”


***

No comments:

Post a Comment