Saturday, March 9, 2013

Challenge Two: Day Sixteen




Breakfast: Nothing.

Mid-Morning: 12noon
1 Butterfinger Visalus Shake

Lunch: 2pm
1 Bowl of Whole-Grain Spaghetti (w/Sauce & Parmesan Cheese)
32oz. Water

Mid-Afternoon: 6pm
1 Chocolate Visalus Shake

Evening: Way-Late.
1 Can of Mountain Dew

Walk-Count:


State of Being:
Slipped-up today. A lot.

Didn't eat breakfast.

Had a bowl of spaghetti, this afternoon. Grains. But, they were whole grain noodles. I’m in kind of a weird place right now with whole grains. My doctor, while ecstatic about my weight-loss results, was very insistent, the last time I saw him, about me starting to get more whole grains in my diet.

I’ve heard this from doctors before, but they’re usually the ones who tend not to factor in my insulin resistance, when they “advise” me on diet. Many doctors don’t even seem to understand what the condition is, and just chalk it up to diabetes because that’s easier than learning something new, I guess.

So, I’m unclear on whether or not to actually listen to his advice. Completely ignoring doctor’s orders when they are obviously wrong is nothing new to me. I do it all the time. After that meal, I feel bloated and sluggish. My ankles are swollen and my thinking is cloudy. Translation: MY INSULIN IS UP! So,… let me see, was this advice good or bad? I think that "Medical Professional" is an oxymoron, more often than not.

Late evening, after gaming, my blood-sugar was crashing so hard I was starting to shake. The starch and carbs from the noodles, converted to sugar in my digestive tract, this caused an insulin spike. By the time late-evening rolled around, my insulin was through the roof. Insulin's only purpose is to bring down your blood-sugar. My insulin does that just as well as anyone else's. My condition is not that my insulin doesn't work, it's that my body doesn't register the secondary-signal produced by the insulin that would then trigger my system to stop producing insulin, until my insulin has reached towering heights. So, if insulin regulates blood-sugar (so that you don't die,) and my insulin, (once triggered by a carb) doesn't stop gushing into my bloodstream until my red-cells are practically drowning in the stuff. What do you think happens to my blood-sugar in the process? Yeah.

So, anyway... I didn’t have any fruit available and I was worried about developing migraines or worse. So, I had a can of Mountain Dew as I was leaving the game. Slip Number 3.

See you tomorrow!



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment