Monday, February 18, 2013

Day Eighty-Seven




Breakfast:Nothing.

Mid-Morning: 11am
1 Chocolate Visalus Shake (w/Water)

Lunch: 2pm
1 Hamburger Patty (w/Salsa Verde & Salsa Casera)
48oz. Water
Mid-Afternoon:
Evening:
Walk-Count:



State of Being:
Got my medicines this morning. Thank God!

I’m on 100mg of Doxycycline for my respiratory infection, and Cetirizine for congestion/allergies. I also finally have an inhaler again (albuterol sulfate) since my go-to rescue inhaler (Primatene Mist) is now illegal.

It’ll be nice to be able to breathe again, even though Washington doesn’t think I should be allowed to.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to exercise again soon.

I’ve been feeling lately like I may have hit a plateau. I won’t know for sure until this Thursday’s weigh-in, but I feel like I haven’t been losing weight… or at least, like I haven’t been losing it as quickly.

It also might just be the fact that I’ve been sick the last week or so. I don’t know.

I’m not sure what you’re supposed to do about a plateau, if it’s happening. Do you just wait it out? I’ve heard that a day or two of carbo-loading can break it, but I’m not sure about that method, considering my insulin condition. Also, having not had that stuff for a few months, I know it would make me feel terrible to suddenly load up on carbs.

Back when I was initially diagnosed with IR and lost about forty pounds, I carbbed-up on my birthday. Woke up the following morning and felt like a bomb had gone off in my gut. lol It was bad.

I’ve been having a rough time in general, for the last little bit. I guess it’s probably because I’ve been sick. My emotions have been all over the place for the last couple weeks. I go into the doctor again, next week to go over the results of my blood tests. We’ll see what’s going on now that things have been so radically changed. Maybe he’ll have some answers for me.

See you tomorrow!



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

2 comments:

  1. Could your plateau (if you're on one) be a result of your illness and not being able to exercise? That really seemed to be helping you (physically and emotionally) so I wonder if stopping while you recover has thrown things off a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's certainly a possibility. Back a couple years ago, when I finally had to stop training altogether, it was immediately followed by a period of depression. It was hard to distinguish what the depression was from, considering all of the stuff I was going through at that same time, but I think that's a really good theory.

    ReplyDelete