Friday, February 22, 2013

Challenge Two: Day One




Breakfast: 10am
1 Orange-Everyday-Defense Visalus Shake

Mid-Morning: Nothing.

Lunch: 2pm
1 Chocolate Visalus Shake

Mid-Afternoon: 6pm
Chicken Stir-Fry (w/Smoked-Red-Jalapeno Tabasco Sauce)
32oz. Water

Evening: 11pm
1 Pizza Salad
32oz. Water

Walk-Count:



State of Being:
Ooooooh-Kay. First day of the new challenge!

My goal this time is twofold;

First: I will lose an additional 70 lbs. My end-weight should be 487 lbs.

Second: I will regain complete upright freedom. I will no longer have to sit down every five minutes while I’m walking. (I'm being generous by saying "five minutes," by the way. Five minutes is a “good” time for me right now. It’s usually closer to one or two minutes before I have to sit. So, this is a pretty big goal for just 90 days.)

If you watched yesterday's video, then you know that I’ve tossed the cane.
It’s gone. I no longer need it.
(I’m already missing my extra reachin’ arm/back-scratcher. lol)

Some changes to the Challenge, this time around…

1. I’m going to weigh-in every fifteen days, instead of once a month. On the last Challenge, in the week or two preceding each weigh-in, I just felt too much like I was flying blind. A month is too long. Weekly is too frequent. So,… I’m going to split the difference and try to get weighed every fifteen days. That will split the ninety days up evenly. So, there will be six weigh-ins this time instead of three. I’m also intending/hoping that this will have the added effect of increasing the sense of accountability hanging over my head, in case it might start to fade now that I’ve been doing this for a while.

2. While, for the time being, I’m still sick and don’t want to risk making it worse by working out,… when I do resume exercising I’m going to be doing so under the guidance of Mr. Steve Hindman, who is the owner/headmaster of East Coast Martial Arts. If you’ll recall, the second of my three fitness goals (the first being full-upright-freedom by June of 2013 and the third being the Tough Mudder in summer of 2014,) is to begin studying Brazilian JiuJutsu and MMA at East Coast. While that particular goal is not set for this Challenge, I think it’s a good idea for me to start the early stages of that conditioning, as I think it’s going to take a bit more than three months to get me into fighting-shape, (particularly *ground-fighting*-shape.) Mr. Hindman has offered to oversee my conditioning, and I’ve taken him up on it. He’s going to be setting my routines, which he will modify and expand upon regularly as my fitness improves. I’ll be reporting on my progress in this part of things, here as well.

3. Regaining full upright-mobility, being a specific part of the goal, this time,… I am definitely going to continue my daily walking-laps back and forth between my apartment door and the dumpster. However, I’m going to be putting a bit more pressure on myself to increase the frequency of the walks. Also, once my daily walks are numbering into the double-digits, I’m going to begin extending the length of the route. I’ll keep you guys posted on my progress in this, as well.

I slept a lot today. From all the running around yesterday to get video shot of my weigh-in and the trash, while still being pretty sick with this respiratory infection,… let’s just saying I’m paying for it today. I’m sore and exhausted. But, I feel great! Having just completed the biggest and most challenging thing I've ever done, I’m too happy to feel any less than great right now. lol

Oh, and in case you might have noticed what I had for dinner. That’s a new idea/concoction of my own. Basically it’s a pizza with no crust.

I toss together pepperoni, crumbled sausage, chopped green peppers, onion and black olives, then stir-in some tomato-sauce mixed with oregano & cumin, and copious shredded mozzarella cheese. Finally I melt it all together in the microwave on “high” for 2 min. It was good, but the sauce could really use some work. I know nothing about making a good pizza-sauce, so I was just guessing and using what ingredients I had on hand. I might just use a premade pizza sauce next time if I can find a healthy one at the store. I can’t imagine there would be much in the way of ‘unhealthy’ ingredients in pizza sauce, but I’ve been horrendously surprised before.

One day down, eighty-nine to go!

The First Challenge was anything but easy. It was about the hardest thing I've ever done. Man, did I have some rough times!

But, I did it.

In spite of this, there is a very long road ahead. I've lost nearly one-hundred pounds, yes... but, reality check, I'm still around three-hundred pounds overweight. I've gone from carrying around two extra Christophers, to carrying one-and-a-half extra Christophers.

I've pulverized the foothills, but the mountain remains.

I am expecting this new Challenge to be even harder.
I want it that way. I've set my new goals specifically to make it harder on myself, this time.
When I get to the end, I want to know that I wasn't just repeating myself, but reaching further.
And I'll get this one done too.

See you tomorrow!



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment