Monday, November 26, 2012

Day Two

(No Workout on Sundays)

Breakfast: 9am
1 Peach Complexion Visalus Shake

Mid-Morning: Nothing.

Lunch: 2pm
1 Turkey Drumstick
1 Cup Steamed Asparagus
2 Cans Diet Coke (Decaf.)
1/2 Cup Stuffing
1/2 Cup Mashed Potatoes

Mid-Afternoon: Nothing.

Evening: 9pm
1 Plain Visalus Shake
2 Cups Hot Green Tea (Unsweetened)

State of Being:
Today I was over at my Mom and Dad's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. In spite of my "Sunday-is-a-day-off-from-workouts" -policy, I spent, no kidding, 8 straight hours playing with my little nephew Mason. Totally worth it though. I don't see him as often as I'd like, and he's an absolute blast to hang out with!

And yeah,... I was stupid. I had a little Stuffing and some Mashed Potatoes with dinner. The internal monologue and rationalization was, exactly as you'd expect, the typical, lame, "Well, it's a holiday, so relax and live-a-little" -type of utter-nonsense. And, man... let me tell you, did I ever pay for it! By the time I was heading home, later that evening, I had cramps and stiffness in my joints from head-to-toe. I was aching the whole way out to the car and the whole way from the car into my apartment.

I really haven't been eating food like that for nearly a month and to suddenly reintroduce starch/carbs,... well, it furnished me with a hardy lesson in humility. Compound this with the fact that I'm still pretty sick with whatever bug I've had for the last week. Yeah.

This is a mistake that I will not be repeating in a month when Christmas rolls around.

Nothing tastes as good as NOT-being-cramped-and-achy-as-hell feels.


Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment