Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day Five

Breakfast: 10:30am
1 Passionfruit Crush PRO Lasting Energy Visalus Shake

Workout: 11am
--Today was an Abs Day--


(click on image to enlarge)


~Crunches - (Rectus Abdomini) - 2 Sets of 5 Repetitions
~Side-Crunches - (Obliques) - 2 Sets of 15 Repetitions
~Leg-Raises - (Lower Abdomini) - 2 Sets of 15 Repetitions

Mid-Morning: 1:45pm
1 Chocolate Chip Visalus Nutra-Cookie
1 12oz. Glass of V8 (Low Sodium, Spicy Hot)

Lunch: 3pm
1 Strawberry Visalus Shake (w/Dark Chocolate Chips)

Mid-Afternoon: 4pm
1 12oz. Glass of V8 (Low Sodium, Spicy Hot)

Evening: 6pm
2 Reheated Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (w/Bull’s Eye Original BBQ Sauce)
1 Cup Steamed Brussels Sprouts w/Butter Sauce

State of Being:
Woke up very sore this morning. I think I may have overdone it a bit, playing with Mason yesterday. (Helpful Tip: Babysit an energetic two-year-old boy for a tremendous workout.) I groggily crawled over to my nightstand, (which I could barely see out of the one blood-shot eye I could muster the strength to open,) muttering what I’m pretty sure were ancient Babylonian curses the whole way before switching off my alarm-clock and letting the darkness swallow me whole again. So, I woke up late, and was slow to get going.

When I did get up, (as you probably noticed,) I decided to have my breakfast shake before my workout today, which is unusual for me. I usually workout first thing in the morning, while my energy is at its absolute peak. Then let my body cool down a bit. Then have breakfast. Today, though… the soreness and sluggishness convinced me to change things up. I threw a packet of PRO Lasting Energy powder into the shake too. That really helped.

I have to admit, I nearly decided against working out at all this morning, but I did manage it, in spite of drawing my least favorite muscle-group card from the deck.

As you can probably guess from the pictures I’ve posted, abdominal exercises are very difficult for me. What passes for a “Crunch” in my routine is, I’m certain, riotously funny to watch. But, I can really feel the burn in my midsection, so I must be doing it well enough to get by. :)

Started losing altitude again this afternoon. Took a quick power-nap before making some phone calls for an upcoming party.

Evening?: Working working working… Feel tired, but good.

P.S.: I wanted to take a minute to note something here, while I’m thinking about it. If it seems like I drink a lot of V8 for snacks between meals,… two things; 1 - I do. and 2 - Right now, it’s pretty much the only food I have in the apartment, (aside from what I've tupperwared away for the week's dinners,) given that I’m broke for the remainder of the month and haven’t been shopping since the 1st. So, I’m making what I have left last for at least the next week or so. Just in case people might have started getting the impression that V8 is a staple of the 90 Day Challenge or something; it’s not. I’m just at the mercy of circumstances for the time being. :)


Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE to Come With Me



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment