Saturday, July 27, 2013

Challenge Three: Day Sixty-Six




Breakfast: 11am
1 Butterfinger Visalus Shake

Mid-Morning: Nothing.

Lunch: Nothing.

Mid-Afternoon: Nothing.

Evening: 6pm
2 Cheeseburger Patties (w/ketchup, mustard & onion)
1 Lg. Caesar Salad

State of Being:
It’s been pretty rough lately.

Yesterday, I had to have Noggin put down. She was sick and getting sicker. Some kind of nervous-system problem. She was deaf and gradually going blind, her legs stopped working and she couldn’t hold herself upright anymore. At seventeen-years-old, it’s probable that it was just her time, her body just shutting down and preparing to move on. A few days ago, she began shunning her food and water.

Toward the end she couldn’t seem to sleep unless I held her against my chest. That was the only way to get her to stop moaning and sleep. She even purred as she slept.

I held her when she passed away.

Over the last few years, since my wife left and my life, career and finances fell apart, it’s not exaggeration to say that Noggin kept me going. She even kept me from ending it all on more than one occasion. She was my best friend, and my constant companion through all of this turmoil.



I miss you terribly, sweetheart.

Until we meet again…



Click HERE for My Story

Click HERE for My Videos



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment